President Barack Obama: Keep the Promise on AIDS!
Sign the petition today!
- Obama is the 1st president to reduce AIDS funding: President Barack Obama is set to go down in history as the first U.S. President to cut the global AIDS budget – potentially reversing years of progress in the fight to end the AIDS epidemic
- Obama cut $220 million in 2013 alone: The President’s 2013 budget includes $220 million in funding cuts to global AIDS.
- Budget Cuts = 640,000 people lose care: Obama's budget cuts are equal to a loss of care for 640,000 people living with HIV/AIDS for one year.
- Clinics are closing: U.S. funding cuts have led to the closure of two HIV/AIDS treatment centers in South Africa. More than 5.5 million people in South Africa are living with HIV/AIDS – making it the area of the world with the largest AIDS epidemic.
- Ethiopia AIDS programs decimated: The Obama administration has projected a 79% cut in global AIDS funding for hard-hit Ethiopia.
Join AIDS Healthcare Foundation in sending a message to President Obama: It’s a Shame to retreat on the global AIDS fight and let people die without treatment.
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), the largest global AIDS organization, currently provides medical care and/or services to more than 200,000 individuals in 28 countries worldwide in the US, Africa, Latin America/Caribbean, the Asia/Pacific Region and Eastern Europe. To learn more about AHF, please visit our website: www.aidshealth.org, find us on Facebook: <>www.facebook.com/aidshealth and follow us on Twitter: @aidshealthcare.